WHAT IS NORDITROPIN?
In short, Norditropin is a synthetic growth hormone. Growth hormones are responsible for the overall growth of our body, as the name suggests. They’re produced in the pituitary gland, located at the base of our brains, which then signal the liver to release a secondary hormone called IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1). Together with the IGF-1, growth hormones signal all the organs, bones and muscles to add more cells to their formations. However, for many people, for various reasons, these hormones are just not produced at an adequate level. This is where Norditropin comes to play and make up for the missing amount. It’s a synthetic recombinant human growth hormone and differs not from the ones naturally produced by our body.
FEATURES: WHAT NORDITROPIN TREATS
This hormone treats various issues that affect the growth rate in both children and adults. Issues that include:
– General lack of growth hormones in children resulting in stunted growth rate
– Children who’re affected with Noonan Syndrome and female children who’re affected with Turner Syndrome and are short in stature as a result
– Children who were small for gestational age (SGA), continue to be small in stature after birth and don’t catch up to the standard height between the age of 2 and 4 years
– Children who don’t display any directly or indirectly observable hormonal and nutritional issues and still remain short in stature
– Children who’ve lost the function of specific genes, that is, affected by Prader-Willi Syndrome, and remain short as a result
– Adults who produce an inadequate level of growth hormones.
Unless it directly affects a preexisting critical condition that requires sensitive and specific handling, Norditropin can be administered without risking any severe side effects.
HOW IT IS ADMINISTERED
Norditropin is administered on a daily basis as an injection using the brand specific, prefilled and preloaded FlexPro device. These devices, informally called “Pens”, feature the thinnest needles in the market including those of NovoFine. However, these needles are sold separately from the device.
SAFETY MEASURES: WHEN NOT TO USE
Norditropin must not be used if the intended has any of the following conditions:
– If you have a history of critical illness(es) that resulted from any kind of heart or stomach surgery, physical trauma or respiratory issues
– Severely obese children who have the Prader-Willi Syndrom in addition to respiratory conditions like sleep apnea
– People with any kind of cancer and potentially risky growth(s)
– If the intended is allergic to any of the ingredients of Norditropin like somatropin
– If you have any diabetes related eye problems, classified under diabetic retinopathy
– Children with closed bone growth plates.
If you have any confusion regarding whether you should or shouldn’t use Norditropin, consult your healthcare provider.